Father's Day, like my birthday, was never a big deal for me. I try to avoid telling people when it is my birthday because I don't like the attention. Father's Day is obviously a little trickier to avoid since I can't hide Hannah! I would be just fine sitting around and treating it like any other day but Dina always did something for me to make it different than every other day. One year she even cooked fish for me. Those that know her disdain for fish know how big a deal this was! So in that regard this year was very different. And I missed it. Thankfully I have many other loved ones there to take care of me.
My Father's Day actually started on Friday when Hannah came home from school with my surprise, which I promptly had to open as soon as she came in the house.
 |
| Hannah's teachers know me and they should know that this isn't true... |
On Sunday morning Eric, Danielle and Natalie had us over for breakfast. There was some playing....
And some relaxing...
But most importantly there were 'man bouquets' and pancakes made by Danielle...
 |
| Bacon 'roses' and chocolate covered strawberries! |
 |
| A happy man... |
 |
| Among the various array of pancakes there were apple cinnamon and chocolate coconut |
After our lovely breakfast we went to get ready to go to Nana and Papa's for a little BBQ.
 |
| I was somehow able to sneak this picture before she ran away again |
 |
| Uncle Joey's attempt at changing a poopy diaper. That's about as far as he made it. I was tagged in as soon as the diaper was opened up. |
We ended the evening at Aunt D's with the Peddle clan. I don't have any pictures from there but I can confirm that Uncle Ed ate a ginormous steak and Hannah and Lelia had a lot of fun playing together. They even had a sleepover, though there wasn't much sleep to be had. They stayed up late and woke up VERY early, at least from what Aunt D told me. But since they weren't my problem I didn't fret too much over it!! Thanks Aunt D for dealing with that and thanks to everyone else for making what could have been a much harder day into an enjoyable day.
Come on guy, how you going to just call a brother out like that? It looked like about 40 chocolate bars had melted in her diaper! Even you said it was a big one. I believe you even said it was going to be a 6 wiper! I do not in anyway regret my decision to walk away from that.
ReplyDeleteA great Dad deserves a great day !!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA, NICE Joe!!!! That sounds like it was a fun day! I love Hanna's gift to you Daddy, but I loved her gift to Uncle Joe better!!!!
ReplyDelete