Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shout

In the car a week or two ago whatever I had on for music for Hannah had ended.  I was all done for the day with her music so I put the radio on.  I came across She Don't Use Jelly by the Flaming Lips (the older crowd can find this 90's classic right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvfxKbpoxRE), which Hannah wasn't digging.  I told her it was a good song because it was silly, which she agreed with and allowed me to leave it on.
 
This morning in the car, after asking me if I had my iPod, she asked for the silly song with blowing noses on paper (listen to the second verse).  For reasons unknown I do not have this on my iPod so I found it on YouTube on my phone.  After listening to it four times in a row she asked for more silly music. I went through my iPod and tried a few songs but she wasn't impressed.  Until I came to Shout that is.  She wasn't on board until I told her it was a silly AND loud song and turned it way up.  This is what ensued...  
 
 
 
Now obviously this wasn't nearly as good as the first time she was doing it but of course I couldn't get the video camera on my phone up and running quickly enough, partly because I was laughing too hard.  Sorry for the sideways video, I don't know why my phone does that.  Nor do I know how to fix it on here.  Any suggestions Alison?? 

4 comments:

  1. That is so so cute! That kid has had rubber legs since birth. I have no clue how to fix sideways videos....I believe I have posted a few myself. SO annoying. Sorry!

    And isn't it the best when you can convince kids that the music YOU want to listen to is better than what they want for some ridiculous reason? I have been good at convincing Ella she likes my music lately! Just in time for Ryan to start having an opinion and only being happy in the car when the horrendous Fisher Price Little People music is on. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA, Look at those rubber legs go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh by the way that is one special song!!!!I just finished listening to it! YIKES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just gave us a good laugh! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete