Thursday, July 25, 2013

From Dina

One of the things I constantly think/worry about is Hannah taking on Dina's habits and personality traits.  As you can imagine I hope she takes on all of them as a way for Dina to live on in our lives forever.  One of the nurses we became close with lost her husband at the same age and her oldest child (her son) was only 3, so it was very much the same situation.  She told me that he acts very much like his father even though he was only 3 when he passed.  That was very reassuring for me to hear. 

I mention this because the below is from the ride home tonight.  Anyone that had been on a long car ride with Dina, shared a bedroom with her at any point or saw her fall asleep in the middle of a party because I refused to let anyone leave after me will know exactly where Hannah inherited this from...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Paul and I are hysterical over here! It is so Dina it's unbelievable!!! Hahaha! I remember this exact expression as she crashed at our friend Matt's party, for the exact reason you mentioned, you and Paul were by far the last ones to leave!!!
    P.S. I've had a few dreams of Dina recently. I'm never able to remember any specifics, except for one of them. And the only thing I remember is she put a frog on my head! Haha! Not sure what that was all about, but I just know it made me smile when it came back to me the next morning! :) Love you Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hilarious!! looks like the time she fell asleep on the plane coming home from the cruise!! one of the funniest pictures!!

    ReplyDelete